Required for January 2021
ISR 13 – 19 Number on Roll: 250 (incl Nursery)
The Governors welcome applications for the post of Headteacher of our forward-thinking school.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity to lead our much-loved Catholic primary school. We are situated in the historic town of Flint, located on the banks of the Dee Estuary, with easy access to both Chester, Liverpool and the beautiful North Wales countryside.
We are looking for an experienced leader who will:
- Be a practising Catholic, whose faith informs their sound understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education
- Be a serving Head or Deputy, with proven leadership skills, vision and enthusiasm to respond positively to changes in primary education in Wales and the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor staff
- Be an exemplary teacher, manager and leader, willing to share experience and expertise
- Be a natural communicator, able to build on our well-developed partnerships with our children, staff, parents, parish and the wider community.
In return, we can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to lead a warm, welcoming and inclusive school with a strong Catholic ethos and pupils who consistently make the school proud of them and their achievements
- Dedicated, loyal and hardworking staff, who are committed to ensuring that each child achieves their individual potential
- Supportive governors working in partnership with the Headteacher and staff
- A strong partnership with our parents, parish and wider community
For further information about the school, please visit our website. Visits can be arranged after the second week of September (regulations permitting). Our current Headteacher will be available until December 2020 for a thorough handover.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the downloads below.
CVs without an application form cannot not be accepted.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th September 2020. Shortlisted candidate will be informed shortly afterwards and the interview process is expected to begin w/c 21st September 2020.
Note that the successful candidate will be subject to a disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service and qualifications and references will be verified.
St Mary's R.C. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.